Happy New Year! Hoping that 2021 is already off to a great start for you! During late December and early January, we often receive calls from self-managing landlords who have made a decision to hire a professional property manager. Sometime these decisions are due to challenges with rent collection or maintenance coordination. Other times, these self-managing landlords are just ready to focus their time and energy on other aspects of life and are ready to take advantage of professional management services.
At this time of year, we also get calls from landlords who are using a property manager but realize that now may be a time to change in order to meet their goals for the property.
We welcome your interest in our services and would like to highlight a few thoughts that we can discuss in more detail when we talk by phone (or Zoom).
- If you are currently using a property manager, be sure to share with us what triggered you to seek a new property manager at this time. We like to know what’s most important to you so that we can ensure we will be able to meet your expectations. Are you seeking more consistent communications? Are you looking for more competitive pricing? Are you feeling your home needs more preventative maintenance? The more we understand your goals, the better we can help you meet them.
- If you are currently using a property manager, have you reviewed your management agreement for details on how much notice must be given to terminate and whether there are any early termination fees?
- If you are currently managing your own property, we’ll discuss the likely difference in maintenance costs when transitioning from doing work yourself to using licensed and insured contractors.
- We prefer to give tenants a 2 week notice prior to taking on management of a property so they have time to adjust any automatic rent payments that they have in place.
- Whenever possible, we would like to walk through the property prior to the new management start date in order to identify any safety issues or maintenance issues that may need immediate attention.
- This year, due to the significant federal and state constraints regarding evictions, if your tenants are not current on rent, we will need to refer you to an attorney and begin managing once the issue has been resolved.
RPM Direct, LLC is a property management company located in Woodbridge, VA. RPM Direct, LLC specializes in providing full-service solutions to owners and investors. We manage Virginia properties located in Woodbridge, Lorton, Manassas, Springfield, Dumfries, Occoquan, Stafford, Bristow, Triangle, Gainesville, Quantico and Fredericksburg.
If you are ready to start 2021 with a new property manager, please contact Michele Odems at 703-963-6540 to discuss the next steps! We look forward to hearing from you.